There is no right or wrong way to write a book, however, asking yourself these 10 questions BEFORE writing a memoir can save you a lot of time, money and frustration.
1) WHAT IS YOUR WHY?
Knowing your WHY (the big picture stuff) helps you throughout the entire process of writing, editing, publishing and marketing your book. When you fully understand your reasons for wanting to write your book, it will give you:
- help you throughout the writing process to decide what to leave in or edit out
- and it will motivate you to achieve your goals.
REALLY THINK ABOUT WHY WRITING THIS STORY OR BOOK IS SO IMPORTANT TO YOU. WRITE IT DOWN, RECORD IT AND REFER BACK TO OFTEN THROUGHOUT THE JOURNEY TO HELP KEEP YOU ON TRACK.
CONSIDER WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING BEST DESCRIBE YOUR WHY:
- I’m passionate about this story idea
- My purpose in life is to share this story to help others
- Personal reasons
- Healing – the process can help me...